Valid passport for a minimum of six months required by all nationals.
- Tourist Visa fee USD 40 for 3o days. USD 30 for 15 days visa in Nepal.
- The tourist visa shall be granted for a period in maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Visa years means January to December).
- A tourist who has departed before the expiry of the period specified in the visa issued in a visa year shall not be allowed to use the visa by adding the remaining period to another visa year.
- If any foreigner who has entered into Nepal towards the end of a visa year desires to spend even the period during which he may stay in Nepal with the tourist visa of the other visa year, he may use such facility.
Provided, however, that the computation of the fees for such period shall be made on the basis of the total period of his stay..
- Foreigners, who have entered In Nepal to stay for a night in Nepal and willing to use Nepal’s Air port to visit another country with plane ticket or Foreigners, traveling in the accidentally force landed plane for any circumstances shall be issued transit visa for one day.
- An application for the transit visa has to be submitted in the format as referred.
Types and costs:
- The fee for a Single Entry Tourist Visa to Nepal for 30 days is US$ 30 or equivalent foreign currency
- Additional $50 grants Multiple Entry Visas
- Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum of 150 days. Visa extension free for 30 days is US $ 30
Visas are valid for up to six months from date of issue. Visas are valid for 60 days on first visit to Nepal in a visa year (1 January-31 December), but only valid for 30 days when national is visiting Nepal for the second or more time in a visa year. Visas may be extended in Nepal at the Department of Immigration, Kathmandu (tel: 494 273 or 337), or the Immigration Office, Pokhara. Maximum stay in Nepal is 150 days in any calendar year. For full conditions on visa extension (including charges and conditions), contact the consulate (or consular section at embassy); see Important Addresses.
Consulate (or consular section at embassy). Visas can also be obtained on arrival from the immigration authorities at all entry points (with fees payable in US Dollars) provided travellers are in possession of valid travel documents, two passport photos and the relevant fee. Applications for business visas must be made to the Department of Immigration
Working days required:
Minimum 24 hours if applying in person; two weeks if applying by post.
There are two ways to enter Nepal , by air and by road. The air journey is more easy and comfortable than by road. Almost 90 percent of the tourists enter through the Tribhuvan International Airport which is 5 miles or 8 kilometeres from the heart of Kathmandu.
The major international airlines that operate scheduled services to Nepal are Royal Nepal Airlines Corporation(RNAC), Aeroflot Russian Airlines, British Airways, Biman Bangladesh, China South West Airlines, Druk Air Bhutan, Gulf Air, Indian Airlines, Lufthansa, Pakistan International Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways International, Transavia Airlines and Qatar Airlines.
There are several entry points by land route. Among many entry points, Birganj, Belahia and Kakarvita are popular entry points at India-Nepal border, while Kodari entry point is at Tibet ( China )- Nepal border.
Entry/ Exit Points in Nepal:
The entry and exit points for the purpose of the foreigners entering into and departing from Nepal are following. The Immigration offices in such points are opened 24 hours. Entering and departing from other places except the point is treated as the voilation of Immigration Act and the Regulation.
- Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)