Dhampus Peak Climbing
Dhampus peak is also popular with the name of “Thapa peak”. The climbing to this peak is technically easy from the classic route of trekking. The peak has its height of 5,200m. It lies at the northeast of Dhaulagiri peak. The trekking route of this peak goes through the beautiful Gurung village along with the dense forest where we can see many animals and birds and through the ever flowing rivers. During the trek, we will see many panoramic views of surrounding mountains. The majestic view of Annapurna Himal, Machhapuchhre Himal, and Dhampus Himal along with other giant ranges of mountains with the stunning view will surely hypnotize you to the natural beauty of Nepal. The trail goes through the beautiful river of Kaligandaki throughout the trail.
The trekking to this region begins from Kathmandu with a flight or drive to Pokhara and then we will trek towards the Tikhedhunga following the main trail. Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani and then to Tatopani, Ghasa, Tukuche and then finally to the beautiful climbing region of Dhampus Peak Climbing. The trekking will provide the great experience for the trek. After getting to the summit, we will return back to Kathmandu through the beautiful trekking route to Jomsom and then a mountain flight over to Pokhara and to Kathmandu. A One Nepal Trek will provide a splendid opportunity to trek at these high lands of this region which will help us to gain the better experience of the surrounding. Similarly, it will also arrange the equipment that is required for the mountain climbing
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu.
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu at TIA, a representative of A One Nepal Trek will warmly welcome you to Nepal. She/he will guide you towards the hotel room of Nepal. The day can be either rest day or some sightseeing day of Kathmandu. The night will be at the hotel by discussing the tour and enjoying the delicious dinner.(Service include: Airport pick+Hotel with BB Plan)
Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara.
Early morning, the trekking will starts with a drive over to Pokhara. The route goes for about 7 to 8 hours on the bus. We will certainly enjoy the panoramic view of the roadside houses and forest. The night will be fascinating at Pokhara viewing some spectacular places around the valley. The night will be at one of the best hotels in Pokhara.(Service include: Drive+Hotel with BB Plan)
Day 03: Pokhara to Nayapul (drive) and to Tikhedhunga (trek).
At Pokhara, we will rise early in the morning to view the best view of rays of sun piercing the white snows on Machhapuchhre Mountain and other similar mountains of the same region. After enjoying that eye-catching view, we will take a short drive to Nayapul. And after then, we will trek further to Tikhedhunga for about 3 hours.
(Service include: Drive+Breakfast+Lunch+Dinner+Guide+Porter+ local lodge)
Day 04: Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani.
From Tikhedhunga, we move towards the steep hills to Ulleri. Ulleri is one of the beautiful Magars villages of Nepal. Then the trail will move following the forest of Pine and oak along with some rhododendrons. After passing through several villages, we will be finally at Ghorepani at 2840m. The night will be exciting at Ghorepani after a walk of 5 hours.(Service include:Breakfast+Lunch+Dinner+Guide+Porter+ local lodge)
Day 05: Ghorepani Poon hill to Tatopani.
From Ghorepani, we will trek a hike to the high lands of Ghorepani Poon hill. We will get the best view of the mountain from the point. The splendid view of Annapurna I (8091m), Lamjung Himal, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri I (8167m) will be surely mesmerizing anyway, we then return back to the camp to have the breakfast and will continue to walk through the beautiful trail of rhododendron forest alongside Ghaja Khola to Tatopani.(Service include:Breakfast+Lunch+Dinner+Guide+Porter+ local lodge)
Day 06: Tatopani to Ghasa.
From Tatopani, we will follow the road all the way to Ghasa. We will walk through the beautiful ridge of Kaligandaki river and cross the river through the suspension bridge which will lead us to the beautiful place of Ghasa to the height of 2,000m.(Service include:Breakfast+Lunch+Dinner+Guide+Porter+ local lodge)
Day 07: Ghasa to Tukuche.
From Ghasa, we will walk along narrow valley of Kali Gandaki River to reach to Khobang village. We will head towards the straight way to the Tukuche after having the great trekking through the region. The night will be at Tukuche.(Service include: Breakfast+Lunch+Dinner+Guide+Porter+ local lodge)
Day 08: Tukuche to base camp.
From Tukuche, we will walk towards our destination. Slowly and gradually, we will begin to gain height while climbing at the base camp of Dhampus peak. While walking towards the beautiful region of Dhampus peak, we will walk towards the height f 4000m above sea level. The night will be at the tented camp of Dhampus peak.(Service include:Breakfast+Lunch+Dinner+Guide+Porter+Tent camp)
Day 09: Dhampus peak base camp to high camp.
From the base camp, after cleaning up the base camp, we will march towards the beautiful height of the place. We will make our journey to the beautiful land of snow viewing the spectacular view of mountains from the elevation.(Service include: Breakfast+Lunch+Dinner+Guide+Porter+Tent camp)
Day 10: High camp to Summit and back to base camp.
Today is the main day of our trekking. We will begin the day earlier than ever. We will make a straight climb to the top. From the summit, we will get the most panoramic view of mountains along with the view of low lands. We will make a gradual descend to the base camp after having the wonderful journey to the summit. The night will be at the tented camp at base camp.(Service include:Breakfast+Lunch+Dinner+Guide+Porter+Tent)
Day 12: Base camp to Jomsom.
After achieving our dream, we will make a return journey to the Jomsom leaving Dhampus peak at its natural condition and carrying the best memories that we gained while climbing the peak. We will walk through the trail to reach to Jomsom where the night will be enjoyed at the hotel to celebrate the success party with the crew members.(Service include:Breakfast+Lunch+Dinner+Guide+Porter+ local lodge)
Day 13: Jomsom to Pokhara.
From Jomsom, we will catch the mountain flight over to Pokhara. The flight goes for about 30 minutes which will be undoubtedly interesting. We will land at the beautiful valley of Pokhara which will be quiet interesting to visit around the valley at the beautiful lakes and to the cave along with the glimpse of many beautiful mountain ranges of the region.(Service include: Flight+Breakfast+Lunch+Dinner+Guide+Porter+ local lodge)
Day 14: Pokhara to Kathmandu.
We will wake up early in the morning with the dazzling view of the sun rising through the summit piercing the white snows. We will have a short visit over to the market around Pokhara and will take a drive back to Kathmandu. The drive goes for about 7 to 8 hours. The night will be relaxing at Kathmandu.(Service include: Drive+Hotel+Breakfast)
Day 15: Farewell.
Finally, the day of returning back to our home country and busy schedule has come with the ending of our glittering tour over to the highlands of Nepal. A One Nepal Trek will organize a small farewell program at the airport and will help for any inconvenience that may arise during the departure. We wish for your better journey ahead.(Service include:Breakfast+ Airport drop)
- All Airport pick up and drop.
- 2 nights your standard hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- 2 nights your standard hotel in Pokhara.
- 12 days in standard lodges/ tea-houses in the mountain during the trek.
- fully camping gear during the climbing.
- All 3 meals per day during the trek [B+L+D] and a cup of tea with every meal.
- Tourist standard bus between Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu.
- Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara.
- An experienced English-speaking trekking guide, assistant trek guide as per the bigger size of a group of trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, food, and lodging
- Down jacket, sleeping bag, duffel bag, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paperwork and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- A medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee ( Nepal provides on arrival visa in Immigration, bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs,)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Meal in cities like Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Extra calculate for additional programs as per above itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Local donation & Tips for guides and porters.
- Personal expenses (Pot of tea, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
Popular autonomous trek and the easy climbing peak of Nepal. Rich in nature with 3 major peaks [Mt Manaslu 8,163m, Mt Dhaulagiri 8,167m, Mt Annapurna I 8,091m] and several of beautiful peaks. Heavy colorful forest with the verity of flora & fauna. Charming mingle society of people with the unique culture, religion and seasonal harvesting. Clean running humming waterfalls and streams.
Safety Health- facility:
Our first goal is first safety for all of our clients and staff. We have smartly experienced friendly and knowledgeable workers team. All they are well trained and must of they are license holder Guides. We arrange first aid. Also, the area has the health post on every 2 days, and the main hospital is not farther than maximum 5 hrs, from any part. We can use a quick drive on the rough road, carried by the people, take a horse ride, and arrange the Helicopter at our needed as per the emergency encase. The physical walk is 6 hours average per day with a mini bag with your valued things average 2-5 kg. but 2 days is shorter.
Your Personal Travel Insurance:
We highly advised you to make your travel insurance during Nepal trip from your own country. It is a condition upon joining any of our trips that all clients be insured for comprehensive expenses that might incur due to medical issues or accidents (this includes air ambulance, helicopter rescue, and treatment costs).we don't arrange or sell insurance.
Climbing Guide Insurance and facility:
Due to risk and liabilities, Nepal Government acted Guide equipment fee USD 350, Insurance USD 15,000 over, medical insurance USD 4,000, Plus his regular facility are salary, lodging, and food. Also reasonable staff insurance up to USD 5,000 per Staffs and facility.
Climbing Permit fee:
There are two categories of Peaks on Nepal mountaineer list. The fee are fixed for both categories of Peaks.The climbing permit fee USD 250 Per Person.
Camp/Tea house Local lodge during the Trek:
All accommodations for Trek are on twin sharing basis included in the trip cost and are chosen based on the standard of hygiene, standard and clean of tourist standard available. There are mostly shame styles of accommodations during our trekking. And 1 Night camping. All the lodging and meal cost has controlled by management community at in the area.
Meals and Water:
During our Trek, we can enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines, as well as all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian.), are from the menu as per local supplement. Lodge has well-trained cook basically attention for clean, hygienic, fresh and nice testy foods. We can even enjoy hot chocolates, the variety of bread, the variety of drinks, and snacks. You could have able to buy Bottled water from every settlement. Even we would like to support you to pay for local purifying water cheaper with that's help to controlled plastic pollution. Also, the boiled water or running fresh water with your peals or filtering is much recommended.
What to bring with you:
Raincoat, bag cover, round sun hat. Half paint for rain, waterproof walking boot, Suntan lotion, sunglass,hand glove,warm cap, light waterproof gore tax set, a pair of sleepers, some t-shirt, If you have your private light sleeping bag/If Not we will provide, walking stick, your regular drug and necessary you things, harness, Personal climbing gear, crampons, climbing boots.
The Khumbu region is stunningly beautiful but equally fragile. Future generations have just as much of a right to appreciate it as we do. Hence, the tourism industry has an obligation to protect and preserve it. We are considering a zero impact policy on the natural environment and the traditional communities that live in the traveled places. We enforce a number of does and don'ts. We also work alongside KEEP in order to maintain our environmental concerns.
Sep to Dec and Feb to May are best.
Hotels in Kathmandu:
We will provide 2-star label hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.Let us advise as per your choice with extra cost for deluxe hotels Â as your need: 5 stars hotels are in Kathmandu: Hyatt Regency, Yak &Yeti, Del Annapurna, The Everest Hotel, The Malla hotel, and others 4,3, 2,1 stars hotels.
Confirm your trip at least two months before, with 25% of the payment and a copy of your passport. One group leader or agent will be free of service charge above 12 of paying the person in a group.[tax, flight and monuments fee is not free.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price|
|As per clients Date:||US$1,700||Book Now|
Types of equipment & Packing List
Important documents and items
- Valid passport, 2 extra passport size photos, airline tickets
- Separate photocopies of passport, visa form (easily obtained at Kathmandu airport), proof of insurance
- Dollars in cash for purchasing Nepalese visa at Kathmandu airport
- Credit cards, bank/ATM/cash machine cards for withdrawing funds from cash machines (bring a photocopy of your cards)
- Ice axe
- Tape slings (2)
- Screwgate karabiners (2 locks, 2 unlock)
- Descender/eight figure
- Plastic mountaineering boots
- Snow bar*
- Ice hammer*
- Ice screw*
- Bandana or headscarf, also useful for dusty conditions
- A warm hat that covers your ears (wool or synthetic)
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Prescription sunglasses (if required)
- Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece wind-stopper jacket or pullover
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Gore-Tex jacket with hood, waterproof and breathable
- 1 pair of lightweight poly-liner gloves
- 1 pair of lightweight wool or fleece gloves
- 1 pair of mittens; consists of 1 Gore-Tex over mitt matched, waterproof, polar-fleece mitt liner
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- 1 pair of hiking shorts
- 1 pair of hiking trousers
- 1 pair of lightweight thermal bottoms
- 1 pair of fleece or woolen trousers
- 1 pair of waterproof shell pants, breathable fabric
- 2 pairs of thin, lightweight inner socks
- 2 pairs of heavy poly or wool socks
- 1 pair of hiking boots with spare laces (sturdy soles, water resistant, ankle support, “broken in”)
- 1 pair of trainers or running shoes and/or sandals
- Cotton socks
- 1 sleeping bag 30 degrees DC
- Fleece sleeping bag liner
- 1 medium rucksack or 1 large duffel bag *
- Daypack/backpack of 35 to 50 liters for carrying your valuables, should have good shoulder padding
- Small padlocks for duffel-kit bags
- 2 large waterproof rucksack covers (optional)
- Small, personal first-aid kit (simple and light)
- Aspirin, first-aid tape, and plasters (Band-Aids)
- 1 skin-blister repair kit
- Anti-diarrhea pills
- Anti-headache pills
- A cough and/or cold medicine
- Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetazolamide
- Stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc. Note: Do not bring sleeping pills as they are a respiratory depressant!
- Water purification tablets or water filter
- 1 set of earplugs
- Extra pair of prescription glasses, contact lens supplies
- 1 small roll of repair tape, 1 sewing-repair kit
- 1 cigarette lighter, 1 small box of matches
- 1 compass or GPS(optional)
- 1 alarm clock/watch
- 1 digital camera with extra cards and batteries
- Large Ziplocs
- 2 water bottles (1 liter each)
- 1 small folding knife
- Binoculars (optional)
- 4 large, waterproof, disposable rubbish sacks
- 1 medium-sized quick-drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multi-purpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Female hygiene products
- Small mirror
- Reading book
- Trail map/guidebook
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble, playing cards (to help you pass the time at teahouses and/or camps)
- Lightweight pillowcase (in case your teahouses provide you with pillows) or use your own stuff as a pillow
The cost will be valued by: Your standard of hotels, service, group size and other extra activities. Please kindly let us know.