Nepal Safe to Travel After Earthquake
It is common to have a matter of concern, curiosity and a lot of confusion to the international travelers regarding the safety of Nepal to visit after the devastating earthquake with magnitude of 7.8 and continue aftershock for several days. In General, the curiosity, confusion and dilemma may be related to could I visit Nepal safely? Should I cancel the booking trip in 2015? Should I avoid travelling in Nepal this autumn? We are giving you some essential information by collecting from various sources which should help learn more about Nepal after the quake.
This tragic earthquake was happened during Nepal trekking season that had affected almost many iconic heritage sites and flattening entire villages throughout the countryside, on the other hand. Everything is totally normal and perfect here across the countryside now after quake, forget about the past. It does not exist at all, except in our memory.
Tourism is one of the largest industries in Nepal currently contributing around 10% of GDP. Your participation in visiting a trip to Nepal would be a key role in its recovery.
There are many other safe, unique and attractive trekking destination in Nepal unaffected and untouched by consequence of earthquake. Even though, in earthquake affected area, tourism products are still there mountains, flora and fauna, jungles, trails.
The Government of Nepal, Ministry of culture, Tourism and Civil aviation has released a notification with collective data on the loss of infrastructure and damage to heritage sites and popular trekking paths, assured that Nepal is safe and secured place to visit.
The fact and reality
- * Out of 75 districts in Nepal, only 8 are affected.
- * Out of 10 National Parks, only 1 is affected.
- * 90% of hotels in Kathmandu Valley are safe and in operational condition. 100% of all hotels in popular destinations like Pokhara, Chitwan, Lumbini, Annapurna Region, Everest Region etc. are safe and in full operation.
- * Bhaktapur Durbar Square,Patan durbarsquare and Kathmandu durbarsquare are fully open.
- * Out of 35 popular trekking routes, only 2 are affected.
- * All the International and National airports are in operation with zero damage.
- * Communication (mobile phone calls,ATMs) are working
- * There have been no outbreaks of viral diseases or influenza
01) Out of 75 districts in Nepal only about 10 districts are affected by the recent earthquake with the earthquake having its effect on the central and western districts only. There has been hardly no damages in the Eastern part, the Mid-West and Far West part of Nepal. Nepal has a lot more places to see, that would be exciting, adventurous and beautiful which would make your stay and travel at Nepal really amazing.
02) Nepal is a paradise that would totally amaze you in various ways. The beautiful landscapes, the varied cultures and tons of exciting activities one can involve would make anyone’s visit to Nepal, an awesome one. Nepal is indeed one of the best places in South Asia for a thrilling and exciting travel with its magnificent natural beauty, the varied biological diversity, the breath taking Himalayas, the mouthwatering cuisine and the friendly and hospitable people.
03) Nepal has a very rich bio diversity and wildlife, with its beautiful wildlife and national parks, only one out of ten national parks is affected by the earthquake with the remaining nine national parks completely safe to visit. So, visiting Nepal to discover its wildlife and national park would always be great option even now.
04) The highways and subways connecting major cities and towns in Nepal have not suffered any damages so moving around and traveling around Nepal would not be any problem.
05) Nepal is a home to 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites out of which only 3 has suffered damaged due to the earthquake with the remaining 5 sites being completely safe to visit where one can check the wonders of Nepal recognized globally.
06) The national and international airports in Nepal have not suffered any damages due to the earthquake with flights operating making travel to Nepal from other countries and domestic travel around Nepal safe and risk-free.
07) Nepal being a land of tall mountains of the Himalayas and varied landscapes is indeed a trekker’s paradise. Only 2 out of 35 major trekking routes have been affected by the earthquake, making trekking in Nepal really safe and okay.
08) Hospitals, clinics and various medical facilities in various Nepalese cities and towns are safe, in operation and running smoothly. There has been no burst of epidemics or viral diseases.
09) Communication in Nepal is not a problem as well with access to telephonic lines and internet working fine and smoothly.
10) There are plenty of hotels in Nepal and tourist destinations around which are completely safe. A large percentage of hotels in major sites were not affected by the earthquake and tourists can easily find places to accommodate themselves in hotels, motels and guest houses which are safe.
11) Nepal is your transit destination of Tibet Tour and Bhutan Tour.